What Is The Right Size Pool Filter For My Above Ground Pool?
When trying to figure out which filter is best for your pool, it’s suggested to choose one that is at least 1 sq. ft. for a 10,000-gallon pool capacity. For example, a 16″ sand filtered system has a 1.55″ sq. ft. filtered area, which makes this size ideal for a 15,000-gallon pool.
What Is The Right Size Pool Pump For My Above Ground Pool?
Follow our pool pump guide below.
Round Above Ground Pools
- Use a 1 horsepower pool pump for a pool up to 24 ft. around.
- Choose a 1.5 horsepower pool pump for pools over 24 ft. around.
Oval Above Ground Pools
- A 1 horsepower pool pump is needed for a 24 x 30-foot pool.
- Use a 1.5 horsepower pool pump for any pool larger than 24 x 30.
How To Clean Your Sand Filter
Follow these three steps to properly clean your pool’s sand filter.
Step 1. Prepare To Backwash
- Start by checking the pressure gauges.
- Turn off the pump and switch the circuit breaker to off.
- Change the setting on the pool filter valve.
- Position your waste hose.
Step 2. Backwash The Filter
- Run the pump for at least two minutes.
- Watch the sight glass.
- Now turn the pump back off.
Step 3. Final Rinse
- Switch to the “rinse” setting.
- Return back to the “filter” setting.
- Double check your pressure gauges.
Orange Leaf Pool Care In Phoenix, AZ
Orange Leaf Pool Care offers a full array of services that include weekly residential & commercial pool maintenance, general repair services of all kinds, pool pump & filter replacements, heater installation, and even pool automation systems. We’re different from your traditional pool guy in many ways! We utilize technology to the highest degree possible. Contact us today for all your pool care needs!